Jump to content Jump to navigation

Attention!

Sie verwenden einen veralteten Browser. Bitte updaten Sie ihren Browser um die Usability zu verbessern.

Historical sight - Stourdza Chapel

Prince Michael Stourdza, former ruler of the Moldau principality, had the chapel built as a final resting place for his family.

Construction 1864–1866
Architect Leo von Klenze (1784–1864)

Prince Michael Stourdza (1794–1884), former ruler of the Moldau principality, had the chapel built as a final resting place for his family. According to the plans of architect Leo von Klenze, the chapel was built in the late neoclassical style. The prince’s burial chapel features a cubed construction, with white, red and yellow sandstone branding on the outer walls. The once gold-plated dome roof is crowned by one of the lanterns designed to illuminate. The chapel entrance is located on a porch supported by four ionic columns. The interior is adorned with many pictures, frescoes and sculptures.

The church was consecrated again in 2002 following extensive repair work. Romanian Orthodox services are now held here.

free entry
freely accessible / always open

Map

Map

Please enter your starting address here